The ‘supported lifestyles’ approach means that you can get support to make a difference in your life and to achieve your goals – but you stay in charge of your life.
This could include anything from starting school, going on to further education or work, finding out what is in your community, joining in and meeting new people, getting the right equipment, organising transport or home support. We can connect you to the support you, your family and whanau need to live an ordinary life and to feel part of your community.
Support we can offer you
It is difficult to describe this as a service because it looks very different for each person, and depends on your dreams and aspirations. These are just some examples of the support we can offer:
- The information you require to enable you, your family and whanau to make informed choices and decisions
- We will listen and and then connect you to the resources and supports that you believe will make a difference in your life
- Support and advocacy - for example, at meetings with Work and Income, or Housing New Zealand
- Provide information about disability support, equipment and funding, about local support groups, about accessible holiday homes and holiday programmes
- Help you to navigate through the confusing system of funding
We will keep in touch with you to make sure you’ve got what you need and that you understand your rights.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Supported Lifestyles service, contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action.