Leaving school (transition)
The Leaving School or Transition service is for students in their last year at school who are making decisions about what to do next.
You can identify opportunities and experiences while you’re still at school so you’ve got a plan and the skills you need to become an adult and to achieve a valued role in the community. This might be as a student, team-mate, colleague, or volunteer worker.
Support we can offer you
We can provide a whole range of information and support. This might include:
- Looking for after-school or holiday work
- Information about potential careers as well as career guidance
- Looking at options for further studying
- Developing job search skills and confidence
- Getting work experience and learning skills to get a job
- Finding job opportunities - either full-time or part-time work, temporary and casual work, or self-employment
- Finding voluntary work
- Taking part in activities in the community and developing skills for daily living
- Think about how you will spend your leisure time
Transition services are available ORS and non-ORS funded students.
If you are interested in finding out more about Leaving School (transition service), contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action.