Supported lifestyles (children and families)
The ‘supported lifestyles’ approach means that you can get support to make a difference in your life and to achieve your goals – but you stay in charge of your life.
It is difficult to describe this as a service because it looks very different for each person, and depends on your dreams and aspirations. But we can connect you to the support you, your family and whanau need to live an ordinary life and to feel part of your community.
Support we can offer you
These are just some examples of the support we can offer. It can cover any aspect of your life:
- Provide information so you, your family and whanau can make informed choices
- Listen and then connect you to the resources and supports that you believe will make a difference in your life
- Provide support and advocacy - for example, at meetings with Work and Income, meetings with Housing New Zealand, or at Individual Education Plan or IEP meetings
- Provide information about disability support, local support groups, accessible holiday homes, holiday programmes, equipment and funding
- Support and advocate with education and schooling issues and with transition services and options for young disabled students
We will keep in touch with you to make sure you’ve got what you need and that you understand your rights.
If you are interested in the Supported Lifestyles service, contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action.