Early childhood support
Sometimes, families can feel apprehensive and overwhelmed when their child is diagnosed with a disability and unsure of what the future will hold.
Most parents learn about parenting as they go along, especially if it is their first child. But the needs of parents who have been told that their child has a disability are widespread and coloured just by that one word - disabled. This news can create a multitude of emotions, fear, anger, despair, sadness, despondency, or determination. With support, families can have dreams and aspirations for their children. Every child is an individual with different needs.
You may not want to seek support help initially, but we're always there when you need us.
- Children have the right to achieve their full potential
- Children with a disability have equal rights and entitlements
- Everybody should be participated fully in their community
Support we can offer you
CCS Disability Action provides support for family members to help navigate through the information, entitlements, and support - that can feel like a maze! We can assist you in
- Knowing what questions to ask or where to go
- Making informed choices for your child as information
- Understanding how to access your entitlements
- Putting you in touch with other people with a similar disabiity
- Having someone that can just listen
- Making connections that may be useful around education, health and welfare
If you would like to find out more about early childhood support, contact your nearest branch of CCS Disability Action.