Connecting employers with jobseekers
Securing a meaningful job is a big part of that vision for many people. Despite having a broad range of skills, experience and educational
qualifications, people with a disability tend to be an under-utilised talent pool.
Our Supported Employment service focuses on changing that. We can match your business or organisation with job seekers who are ready to bring their diverse and often unique range of skills, talents and perspectives to your workplace. We’re also around to help navigate any hurdles that might be in the way to getting the best for your business.
Benefits of a Diverse Workforce
There’s a wealth of evidence to show that a diverse and inclusive workplace will have real and lasting benefits for your organisation.
The United States-based Institute for Corporate Productivity found that an inclusive hiring policy can “add highly motivated people to the workforce (which can lead to increased productivity) and it promotes an inclusive culture that appeals to the talent pool organisations want to attract.”
Closer to home the New Zealand based Diversity Works NZ (formerly the Equal Employment Opportunity Trust) also noted that a workforce that reflects the diverse makeup of our society improves businesses’ customer service.*
What We Can Offer
Our team provide one-on-one support to help you develop a strong, sustainable and productive working relationship with employees.
We understand that the recruitment process can be challenging. There are a number of ways we can help.
- We can provide you with a motivated applicant who is carefully matched to your position.
- We can work with you during the interview process, induction and orientation processes to ensure a great start to your working relationship.
- If there are any modifications to the workplace or equipment needed, we can manage this process, including assisting with securing any external funding.
- We may also be able to support you to access Government-funded subsidies.
- If you’re interested in working with someone to up-skill, re-train or build their on-the-job experience we can also assist with work experience placements.
*Sources: Institute for Coorporate Productivity. Diversity Works NZ.