We believe that every person can live the life he or she chooses within the community - if they have with enough support.
We believe in disabled people having a high quality of life throughout their whole life.
We can support you to find full or part-time work
- Identify your career goals and any relevant work opportunities
- Prepare your CV
- Contact possible employers
- Complete job applications
- Practice for job interviews
- Organise ongoing job support
- Identify any barriers to employment and setting up supports to overcome them such as:
- Equipment and adaptive technology
- Building modifications
- Wage subsidies
- Support workers
We can also work with you so you can:
- Live in a home of your choice, with the supports you need
- Access transport
- Find out what is on and where in your community. Things like clubs, courses, workshops, voluntary work and entertainment
- Look for study opportunities
- Make sure you are heard when there is something you want or need
- Talk about your other hopes and dreams and how you can make these happen
- Live a valued life
If you are interested in this service, contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action.