Leaving school (transition)

What do you want to do when you leave school?

Through our Transition service, we can can work with you to think about to do, and to try out different experiences to see what suits you. You can decide if you want to further your studies, take part in community services and activities, or go into a paid job.

Making a plan

Together we will write a 'transition plan'. This will set out the steps you need to take during your last year of school so that you can do what you want when you leave. This might mean doing volunteer work, trying work experience, or attending a few classes at a polytechnic. Your family and whanau, friends and support people are also welcome to join in when we meet, along with teachers from your school.

What to expect

Funding for this service is available for one year through the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), so if

  • A member of the Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)
  • Aged 16 years or older and in your chosen last year of school
  • Attending a school that has agreed to work with CCS Disability Action 

we can discuss with you the amount of support that will be available to you during the year. This support may be provided by your school and CCS Disability Action depending on what is needed. You will also be able to find out what support is available to you after you have left school.

Contact us

If you are interested in out Transition service, you or your school can contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action