What's after school?

What do you want to do when you leave school? We can help you make a plan of action.

We can support you to make a plan for when you leave school, if you

  • Have very high support needs and you recieve Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) funding, and
  • Are 16 years or older and in your chosen last year of school.

This could include further your studies, taking part in community activities or looking for a job. Your family and whanau, friends and support people are also welcome to join in with making your plan, along with teachers from your school.

Together we can:

  • Try out some of your ideas during your last year of school
  • Work out how to turn your ideas into reality when you leave school
  • Work out how much support the money from MSD will provide when you leave school
  • Send your plan to MSD - it will be called a proposal

If Ministry of Social Development (MSD) agrees with what we have proposed, they may support you to put your plan into action once you have left school.

Contact us

If you are interested in this service, contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action.