Babies and toddlers
Our classes help children to become familiar with the water, and to develop a love and respect for any aquatic environment.
Classes are safe, friendly, warm and fun, with lots of toys, play and songs - and a qualified teacher will be in the water guiding you and your child at all times. Classes are 25 minutes long with a maximum of 7 children per group.
Skills your child will learn
- Floating on their stomach
- Floating on their back
- Turning and rolling
- Blowing bubbles and breath control
We may use some swimming aids for a short time during class, but they can restrict your child's mobility and affect natural buoyancy, so we don't use them for long.
What to bring
- Togs and towel for you and your child
- A thermal/woollen vest under their swim wear to keep them warm
- Please only use a swim nappy in the pool over a pair of snug fitting togs or pants
- A snack and drink for after the lesson
Tips for your first lesson
- Feeding your child at least an hour before class means the will have enough energy for the class
- Arrive early so you're feeling relaxed
- Maintain eye contact and talk and sing a lot to your child. Keep your child submerged to shoulder level.
- Give your child freedom and try not to be over cautious, but if your child is cautious explore at their pace
- After swimming wrap your child in a dry towel and dress warmly straight away
- If your child is ill, please don't bring them to class - for their safety and to protect other pool users. If your child has been vomiting or has had diarrhoea, please avoid the pool for 3 days.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask one of our teachers on 07 571 4757.