Pre-school and school kids
Teaching a child a love and respect of the water will provide them with opportunities for enjoyment, fitness, social interaction, and life long skills.
Skills your child will learn
- Holding onto the rail
- Safety skills
- Back on their floating
- Floating on their front
- Regaining their feet
- Streamlined gliding
- Correct kicking action
- Arm action for freestyle and backstroke
- Dolphin body action
- When they are competent with freestyle and backstroke, they can learn breaststroke and butterfly
The classes are 30 minutes and are very structured so children taking part need to be able to follow the class.
Support you can give your child
- Give heaps of praise and encouragement, take pleasure in their progress, no matter how small
- Provide opportunities between lessons for your child to practice what they are learning at our pool
- Your child may have developed a new confidence and seem fearless, but you will still need to watch over them near water until they really can swim to survive
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask one of our teachers on 07 571 4757.