Supporting children and their families / whanau
We provide a wide range of support to children and their family/whanau, including:
- providing information about government and community options
- helping identify and access support
- coordinating grief and family counselling
- coordinating access to support for siblings
- helping families/whanau to work with government agencies like Work and Income, the Ministry of Health, hospitals and Child, Youth & Family
- advocating to schools and health professionals
- supporting families/whanau at milestone steps in their child’s life – the start of preschool, primary and secondary school – and leaving school for the wider world.
If you want to know more about how we could help you, please contact your local branch of CCS Disability Action. Some services may require a referral from the Needs Assessment & Service Coordination agency. If you live in the Bay of Plenty, this is through Support Net. If you live in Waikato area, this is Disability Support Link.
Te Whare Poipoi (Waikato Branch only)
Toy Library (Waikato only)