Facilitation Training Workshop
Facilitated by Peter Wilson and Debbie Ward
Thursday 27th & Friday 28th February 2020, Auckland.
CCS Disability Action is offering the opportunity for disabled people, or family and whānau members of a disabled person, to attend a free workshop that will offer specialised training in presentation and facilitation. There are 12-15 places available and these will be allocated at the discretion of CCS Disability Action based on the expression of interest received.
The creation of this training recognises that there is an increasing demand for disabled people with facilitation/presentation skills. This can lead to employment and self-employment opportunities.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for disabled people who want to:
- Develop skills as facilitators and/or presenters.
- Learn what is required to deliver a range of training or facilitate group meetings.
- Build confidence and competence in engaging with an audience, rather than just sharing personal experiences.
- Put their learning into practice.
- Explore self-employment and connections using these skills.
You will gain knowledge around:
- Planning to host a workshop, knowing your audience, hosting an accessible event.
- People facilitation skills – engaging conversations, facilitating conversations, enquiring & managing participant’s responses.
- Training facilitation skills – styles of learning, adult learners, managing group dynamics.
- Leadership skills.
- Being confident with technology – use of microphone, Power Point, problem solving.
- Evaluations, contractor’s responsibilities.
If participants are interested in self-employment, we can connect them to the CCS Disability Action My Business programme. This programme is a social enterprise that can support, connect and fund disabled people who want to become, or who already are, self-employed.
If you are interested in this training please email: Debbie.Ward@ccsDisabilityAction.org.nz
Please include your name, contact details, town/city you live in and information about yourself and your interests, how you see yourself as a facilitator and/or presenter and why you want to attend the workshop.
• Expressions of interest close 5pm, Friday 17 January 2020.
• Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 24 January.
• Transport and accommodation costs will be covered.